You can use the NMPAN listserve to ask and answer questions and share information about meat and poultry processing. You can join by typing your name into the box under “NMPAN on Google Groups” in the right-side column and clicking “subscribe.”
Please read follow the guidelines listed below in the Standard Operative Procedures (SOPs) to keep us on track — and to prevent overfull inboxes.
NMPAN Listserve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- The NMPAN listserve has two purposes:
a. NMPAN Coordinators (Arion & Lauren) use it to tell you about NMPAN events & resources.
b. You can use it to ask questions and get thoughtful, helpful answers.
- Please use “reply all” to post your answer to the whole group — so we can all learn — but do so thoughtfully (make sure your answer is concise & on target).
- Please make sure the subject line of your email reflects the content of your email.
- You can ask questions about regulations. But you will probably get more accurate answers by asking local regulatory authorities and/or the USDA-FSIS Small Plant Help Desk: InfoSource@fsis.usda.gov or 1-877-FSISHelp (1-877-374-7435).
- NMPAN Coordinators moderate all postings to the list. If a submitted message is not appropriate, we won’t post it, and we will let the writer know.
- The NMPAN list is not the place for complaining. But it CAN be a place for constructive dialogue about processing-related issues. If you want to discuss a challenging issue, please do so respectfully and propose real solutions.
- Remember: NMPAN includes not only meat processors and livestock producers but state and federal regulatory agency staff, university research and extension faculty, consumers, and others who care about meat processing.\
- AFTER POSTING A QUESTION: If you receive good information from the network, please GIVE BACK by posting a very brief summary of how you resolved your question.
- TOO MUCH EMAIL? NMPAN List Digest options are available. See instructions below.
- Sorry, but we don’t post job ads.
Thanks for making NMPAN’s listserve work for everyone.
E-mail Digest Instructions
How to receive NMPAN e-mails as an e-mail Digest — no more than one e-mail a day:
- Go to the NMPAN google groups page and sign in:
- Click on “Edit My Membership” on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select “Digest Email” under the question “How do you want to read this group?” and click the “Save these settings” button at the bottom.
We can do this for you if you’re having trouble. Email lauren.gwin[at]oregonstate.edu or arion[at]iastate.edu.