Retail Meat Cutter – Unique opening in the picturesque San Juan Islands
What we’re looking for: An experienced retail meat cutter to join our thriving family-owned grocery business in Friday Harbor, WA. This candidate should be a positive and friendly team member with an eye for detail and possesses excellent customer service skills.
Friday Harbor is a wonderful, caring community with great schools, an abundance of outdoor recreation and a love of great food. Be a part of our store team and help us make a positive impact in our customers’ lives, Working with us is like working with family! Valmark offers generous medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k), money towards fitness memberships and other perks.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assisting the meat department manager in all department tasks
- Cutting and trimming meat to company specs for retail sale
- Daily customer interactions
- Sharing food knowledge with customers and team members
- Adhering to all food safety, safety and sanitation policies
- Day to day operations, merchandising and quality control of all department offerings
- Driving department sales while managing shrink and expenses
- Other tasks as assigned
- At least 3 years Retail Journeyman meat cutting experience
- Ability to work well with others as an effective and supportive team member
- Ability to lift and carry over 50 lbs at a time
- Competitive hourly wage
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Fitness program reimbursement
For more information, please contact Wes Corey: email@example.com
General Manager / Green Mountain Smokehouse
Title: General Manager
Classification: Full Time
Location: Windsor, VT
Reports to: Owner
Green Mountain Smokehouse is committed to being a leader within our industry. We aim to set a standard of excellence in meat processing services, with a goal of providing smoked products and butchering at an USDA facility. We will strive to make the “Green Mountain Smokehouse experience” pleasant and efficient for our customers. We pledge to remain fiscally profitable and to compensate and educate our employees as we strive to be an establishment with integrity and longevity and we are seeking a General Manager to take us to the next level.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven team oriented person and the Green Mountain Smokehouse .
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary ($70,000 + eventual bonus structure)
- 100% Paid Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Generous discounts on Facility Name food products
- Potential for long term ownership or partnership.
What you bring to the table:
- Are naturally kind and maintain an optimistic demeanor with a personal commitment and passion for delivering the highest level of service – we are customer centric and make people happy.
- Experience and passion in recipe development
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to grow a business regional through customer engagement
And you demonstrate strength in these competencies:
- Relationship Builder
- People Developer
- Ability to make the most with what is available
- Inspires Others
- Critical Thinker
- Clear Communicator
- Creator of a Culture of Clear Accountability
- Passion for the industry and product
- Desire to run the smokehouse like it is your own
What you’ll mostly do:
- New Product Development
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Measuring the success of the plant operations
You’ll likely do some of this:
- Working with owner to develop and achieve long term plan
- Meeting with customers and suppliers from all sales channels
- Solving corrective actions issues
- Facility understanding and upkeep
A few Prerequisites, or ‘nice to haves’:
- Meat Processing Experience
- Passion for the Industry
- New Product Development
- HAACP knowledge
- Management skills
- Ability to manage employees
- Self Starter
- Relocate to Vermont
If interested, please contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale - Equipment
Butcher Equipment for sale in Saylorsburg, PA (see photos below)
- UltraVac Model 2100A Double Chamber Vacuum Packaging Machine….$4,500
- Butcher Boy Model A56 Meat Grinder 15HP…….$4,500
- Groen EE20 20 Gallon Electric Kettle….$2,600
- Hannay Reels N716 spring hot water hose reel with 50′ hose….. $300
- CookShack Model 350 Electric Smokehouse….. $4,250
Refrigerated Containers Price Reduced!
2 x 40’ Refrigerated Conex Container carcass storage units with 3 rails each. Ready to ship.
One white with inset, front mounted ThermoKing unit purchased new in 2021.
The white unit is electric and will run chilled/fresh or as freezer. 208 V, 3 phase or steps up to 480V, 3 phase
One gray with front-mounted/attached traditional condensing unit.
The gray one is electric, likely chilled only, 208, 3ph.
Suitable for chilling hot beef, carcasses in quarters, whole hogs and lambs/goats, wild game, etc.Up to 30 head of quartered beef, 50-60 hogs, 80-100 lambs, likely 40-100 head of wild game.Could be utilized for additional refrigerated boxed product storage, rails removable
$30,000 each, call for more information, pictures, details, etc:
Email or call Dave at 303-349-0055
Processing Waste Composter For Sale:
Ecodrum composter w/conveyor, stairs & Patz mixer. This composting system was used for composting beef guts. Was successful with pine shavings as carbon source. Paid 104K but asking 70K. Located in Marfa, TX. Link to documents from ecodrum on equipment mentioned above:
Contact Christy @ 720-224-4844 or email@example.com
Grapevine Local Food Marketing specializes in helping farms and local food businesses grow. Our team of passionate food marketing experts bring diverse knowledge, including in-house expertise in butchery and processing facility logistics. We work with local meat brands across the US and Canada to strategize, create, and implement effective marketing plans.
We specialize in building beautiful streamlined websites that focus on customer experience and SEO, while keeping every client’s unique vision intact. Our offerings include simpler, more budget-friendly website packages, as well as custom websites that are built to accommodate your specific needs, including e-commerce, automated scheduling, cut sheets, customer communications, and more.
Visit grapevinelocalmarketing.com/get-started to get started and check out our free local food marketing resources.