Indiana Meat Packers and Processors' Association Seeks Executive Secretary
KOL Foods Seeks Operations Specialist
KOL Foods sells 100% grass-fed, organic-raised, glatt kosher beef, lamb and poultry. We are growing and looking for a new team member!
The entire KOL Foods team is laser focused on serving our customers the best meat available anywhere. The Operations Specialist will bear responsibility for working with our network of farmers, butchers and other vendors to ensure that we have our kosher, regenerative products ready for sale. Kosher customers around the nation will thank you!
Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. We hope to fill this position in March 2024.
Operations and Supply Chain Management (70%)
Wholesale Program Development (25%)
Support the KOL Foods Customer Happiness Team as needed. (5%)
The 1915 Meatery in Texas Seeks Butcher
(Relocation assistance possible)
Business Name: The 1915 Meatery
City, State: Yorktown TX
Name: Tanner Klemcke
- Position Title: Butcher/Meat Cutter
- Reports to : Head Butcher/Manager
- Hours per week: 40 hrs/week, Mon-Thurs (4-10’s)
- Salary or Hourly: Hourly
- Wage range: $17-23/hr
- Compensation Benefits offered: Relocation assistance possible. Full-time, $200/month HRA, 3% matching 401k, yearly performance based bonus, 6 days PTO, 6 days Holiday, 50% employee discount
- Introduce the company The 1915 Meatery is a whole animal craft butcher shop that brings in quarter beef carcasses and sides of pork of our own locally raised livestock to be further broken down into retail cuts – pork chops, steaks, etc of our grassfed and pasture raised livestock. We are a brand new Retail Exempt shop that opened in September of 2023 in a small rural Texas town. All of our carcasses are home raised by our farm down the road (1915 Farm), slaughtered at local state and federal inspected plants and brought back to our rail to be broken down in house. Current capacity is 10 beef/wk and growing
- Brief job description: The butcher will be responsible for further breaking down quarter beef carcasses and sides of pork into retail ready cuts. While we have invested in all new or gently used equipment, the type of butcher we are looking for is a person that truly enjoys the art, craft, and skill of cutting meat by hand. Must have experience using equipment to grind and make sausages, and be ready to operate a smoker if needed.
- ability to fully break down whole pork and beef sides from carcass to retail ready cuts
- ability to operate various pieces of equipment like the bacon slicer, smoker, grinder
- experience in sausage making and curing meats a definite plus
- understanding and willingness to follow SSOP’s
- the ability to work quickly while making sure presentation and preciseness of cuts is always at the forefront
- 2 years experience required with strong knife skills
- must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- and the love of all things meat!
Desired core competencies: Ability to break off the rail preferred but not required. Will train the right person as long as they possess excellent knife skills
The Extra Details
Location: Why would someone want to work in this area? Cost of living in our part of Texas is well below the national average and our pay range reflects a great opportunity for this area.
Organization detail: We are a brand new shop with a great staff and exciting things in the pipeline. While production volume is important we have the unique position to focus on all sorts of value added products since we are a vertically integrated company and only cut meat for our own online meat business. We will be introducing all kinds of craft sausages and smoked products, tallow and lard products, charcuteries and more once staffing is fully up to speed. The sky is the limit, so if you are someone with a creative side that loves playing with recipes and developing new products in a more relaxed atmosphere than a custom production plant and without the constant foot traffic of a retail shop this could be a great fit for you.
Contact – How should candidates contact you? Email email@example.com
New Hampshire Community Loan Fund Seeks Grant Management Analyst
Kansas State University
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The person selected for this position will:
Click here to learn more!
For Sale - Equipment
Butcher Equipment for sale in Saylorsburg, PA (see photos below)
- UltraVac Model 2100A Double Chamber Vacuum Packaging Machine….$4,500
- Butcher Boy Model A56 Meat Grinder 15HP…….$4,500
- Groen EE20 20 Gallon Electric Kettle….$2,600
- Hannay Reels N716 spring hot water hose reel with 50′ hose….. $300
- CookShack Model 350 Electric Smokehouse….. $4,250